- Free Classes
- Class 101 Rods & Reels
- Class 1012 Fishing With Kids
- Class 1013 Trout Economy
- Class 1015 Fish Hook Removal
- Class 102 What to Take
- Class 1025 Types of Trout Streams
- Class 103 Bait & Lures
- Class 123 Artificial Lures
- Class 104 Basic Knots
- Class 105 Catching Trout
- Class 1051 Catch and Release
- Class 1052 Double Team
- Class 106 Handling Trout
- Class 107 Beginning Fly Fishing
- Class 201 Fly Rod/Reels
- Class 202 Fly Lines.
- Class 204 J Knot
- Class 205 Types of Casts.
- Class 2051 Weather Affects
- Class 2052 Winter Trout Fishing
- Class 2053 Mending The Fly Line
- Class 206 What Can Trout See
- Class 2061 How Trout Spawn
- Class 217 Fly Fishing Slingshotting Style
- Class 227 Cast Accuracy
- Class 237 Cast Mechanics
- Class 301 Introduction to Mayflies
- Class 302 Fly Tying for Trout
- Class 3021 Matching the Hatch
- Class 3022 Fly Tying Dry Flies
- Class 3023 Fly Tying Nymphs
- Class 3024 Fly Tying Streamers
- Class 303 Nymphing
- Class 3031 Fishing with Midges
- Class 3033 High Sticking
- Class 3035 Czech Nymphing
- Class 313 Catch Big Trout
- Class 3131 Night Fishing for Trout
- Class 347 Trout Prospects
- Class 357 Trout Streams
- Class 367 Trout Springs
- Class 3677 Trout Habitat
- Graduate Level
- Class 401 Improve Your Trout Photos
- Class 402 Furled Leaders Intro.
- Class 403 Strike Indicators
- Class 406 Color Vision in Trout Eyes
- Class 412 Protecting Trout Waters
- Class 413 How to Make a Trout Video
- Class 422 Exploring Casting Methods
- Class 427 Good vs. Poor Trout Streams
- Class 4221 Casting Upstream in Large Rivers
- Class 4271 Fishing Fertile and Infertile Streams
- Top 5 Tips
- Planning for a Trip
- Top 5 Tips While Fishing.
- Top 5 Trout Lures
- Top 5 Miscellaneous Tips
- About Us
- Customer Service
- New Visitors
- Contact Us
Super Duper Trout Lure in Top 5?
Super Duper Trout Lure in Top 5?
09/17/2009 - 09:03
A recent comment left on the Trout University's Top 5 Artificial Trout Lures suggested that the Super Duper Lure by should be on the Top 5 list. It was first recommended to me in 1989 by an old time fisherman that I found fishing in Deep Creek near Bryson City, NC. After his prompting, I decided to try it in Slickrock Creek in Western NC, a stream known for browns. So I purchased a few of them relatively cheaply and made the long hike into Slickrock Creek.
I choose to take the southern route to Slickrock Creek which necessitates a hike along a narrow ledge about 8 or 10 feet above the water. As I was inching my way over the ledge, my backpack lurched to the right nearly causing me to take a nasty fall. In the process of saving myself from the fall I wrenched my knee causing a severe injury. So I may not have given the Super Duper a fair trial, but, it did not live up to my expectations, so I declined to list it as a Top 5.
Here is what I have found about the Super Duper. The simple, but effective, U-shape design of the Super Duper creates an incredible wobbling action that draws strikes from trout in a variety of water conditions. The unique shape also makes it extremely castable. Corrosion-resistant finishes ensure these lures will maintain their rightful place in the top trays of your tackle box year after year. It is available in 1/12, 1/10 and 1/16 oz. weights and a variety of colors. Super Duper lures are available at Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop as well as other outfitters.
Please use the comments form to weigh in with your thoughts, should the Super Duper be listed in the Top 5 Artificial Trout Lures in the Trout University web site?